Sunday, February 2, 2014

Wine Tasting (Week 2)

This is my first wine tasting ever. It is still difficult for me to really taste the flavors and not just feel like I'm tasting red or white wine.


Name: Weinkeller Erbach Flonheimer Adelberg
Variety: Sylvaner
Region: Rheinhessen
Country: Germany
Year: 2010
Price: $18.00
Winery Review“The fruity, mouthwatering wine has a nice acidity-sugar balance and comes from the so called 'Rheinhessen-Switzerland', the heartland of Rheinhessen. It has a floral bouquet and is full of lemon zest, hint of passion fruit, and smells like yellow fruit, lemon-grass and green tea, all wrapped around a pleasant creaminess and a semi-dry profile. The finish is zippy and refreshing. Perfect for party on the deck as it comes in a liter bottle!”
My Review: I first noticed how big the bottle was...awesome! This wine definitely had a fruity taste to it as I could taste a hint of lemon. It went                                                                                       down very smooth compared to the other wines I                                                                                       tasted.


Name: Montebuena
Variety: Red Wine
Region: Rioja
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $8.95
Winery Review: “The fruity, mouthwatering wine has a nice acidity-sugar balance and comes from the so called 'Rheinhessen-Switzerland', the heartland of Rheinhessen. It has a floral bouquet and is full of lemon zest, hint of passion fruit, and smells like yellow fruit, lemon-grass and green tea, all wrapped around a pleasant creaminess and a semi-dry profile. The finish is zippy and refreshing. Perfect for party on the deck as it comes in a liter bottle!”
My Review: I liked this wine the least out of them all. To me it was very dry and had too much of a kick to it. I was able to taste a hint of lemon                                                                                       but not much other than that.


Name: Cortenova
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Venezle
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95
Winery Review: Brilliant straw color with emerald reflections. Fresh and floral bouquet with a hint of pears, apricots and bananas. Fresh and inviting with bright fruit and an easy drinking style with a pleasing hint of almonds in the finish. Pairs well with seafood dishes, risottos with scampi,spaghetti with clams, sole in white wine. Perfect also as an aperitif."
My Review: This is an Old World wine. I think I would of enjoyed this wine much more with claim spaghetti. To my surprise I could taste the almonds. The wine was extremely refreshing especially since I normally am not a pinot grigio                                                                                       fan.

Name: Delaroche
Variety: Red Wine
Region: Rhone Valley
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95
Winery Review: This semi-opaque ruby, custom cuvĂ©e of 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache and 10% Mourvedre is made specifically for Fran Kysela. It exhibits very fresh, ripe dark red fruit with very good palate weight and depth and ends with rich fruit notes. Made from organically grown grapes. Incredible value!" 
My Review: I believe looking at the label automatically made me think that the wine looked expensive. Although the wine was very smooth, I didn't taste anything from this bottle. I could only taste red wine.

Name: Maipe
Variety: Torrontes
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2013
Price: $7.95
Winery Review: Spring-like nose of fresh white peaches, pears, green apple, green melon and hints of jasmine and rose petals. On the palate, it has a beautiful structure and acidity along with fruit flavors and plenty of body.  Well balanced, this wine displays a pleasant freshness with citrus notes and a long finish. Best enjoyed in its youth either by itself, or as a wonderful partner with smoked meats, mild to medium-strong cheeses, seafood and a great partner for spicy food as well." 
My Review: Naturally this wine had the most fruity flavor at of them all. Is was not dry. It tasted                                                                                     like carbonated apple juice with alcohol in it.
                                                                                    I would of loved to try this salami and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment