Sunday, February 16, 2014

Wine Tasting (Week 4)

Name: Brownie Points Vineyards
Variety: Red Blend
Region: California
Country: United States
Price: $7.95
Year: 2011
Winery Review: "Fine achievements — be it completing a half marathon, learning a new language or simply making it through a busy day - should be recognized. Who says you didn’t earn a gold star today? Our lush, full-bodied red has aromas of ripe cherries and hints of mocha that melt into a rich, silky finish."
My Review: The packaging really caught my eye on the shelf in the store. The texture of the wine felt like silk. I could taste a strong mocha flavor on my pallet. 
Name: Cupcake Red Velvet Vineyards
Variety: Red Blend
Region: California
Country: United States
Price: $7.95
Year: 2009
Winery Review: Our Red Velvet blend delivers over-the-top aromas of chocolate, deep dark blackberries and luscious red fruits that follow through to the palate. Finish with a hint of coconut and creamy mocha that shows unmistakable intensity and length. Red Velvet combines Zinfandel, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sirah. Each varietal adds distinct characteristics and lends structure, aroma and depth of flavor. We ferment each varietal separately before blending. Finally, a unique oak regime infuses creaminess.
My Review: This is my favorite of the five I tried this week. The aromas of chocolate and blackberries really came out to me. The texture was very creamy but had a kick at the end. 
Name: Monte Oton
Variety: Garnacha 
Region: Aragon
Country: Spain
Price: $7.99
Year: 2010
Winery Review: "The wine shows bright and full Garnacha notes of ripe black fruits, as well as raisins, blueberries, and plums, and it's even showing some overripeness. The mouth and finish are warm and relatively gentle. Drink now or in the next several years."
My Review: This was my first experience with Garnacha. The wine had a very fruity taste to it and is the reason why I enjoyed it so much. Blueberries stood out the most out of all the fruits.
Name: Simply Naked
Variety: Unoaked Red Blend 
Region: California
Country: United States
Price: $8.95
Year: 2010
Winery Review: "Simply Naked Undressed Red is fresh, yet balanced by silky tannins and a rich texture. Raspberry jam, plum, and cherry fruits caress the entire palate, leaving a long lasting finish."
My Review: I smelled aromas of raspberry. The flavor of the wine felt like that of ham and cherry. The finish packed some heat to it.
Name: Simply Naked
Variety: Unoaked Cabernet Sauvignon 
Region: California
Country: United States
Price: $7.95
Year: 2010
Winery Review: "Simply Naked Cabernet Sauvignon has plum, black cherry and cinnamon spice with chewy tannins that don't weigh down the wine. Medium-full bodied."
My Review:I did not get much taste from this wine other than that it is red. The finish also packed some heat to it. I would agree that it was a medium-full body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment